Rosicrucian Order, AMORC

Ancient Mystical Order Rosae Crucis, English Language Jurisdiction, the Americas
Home Become a Member Members Only About the Order Local Groups Rosicrucian Park Publications Store

Rosicrucian Park History:
December 1927 to the Present

Purchased in 1927, the “Park” consisted of a single lot that Dr. Harvey Spencer Lewis, the founder of the Rosicrucian Order, AMORC called "Rosicrucian Park". When Dr. Lewis was asked how he could call a single lot a "Park" he would reply "Because that is the way I see it will be in the future." The city block acquired by the Rosicrucian Order, AMORC in 1927 to was owned free and clear by the end of 1929. October of that year saw the Stock Market crash and the inception of the Great Depression.

As more of the city block was purchased, Francis Bacon Auditorium (the largest in San Jose for many years) was dedicated in 1931, followed by the first Rosicrucian Egyptian and Oriental Museum in 1932, the Rose-Croix University in 1934, the Planetarium in 1936, the Rose-Croix Research Institute and Clinic in 1938, and the Research Library in 1939. Ralph M. Lewis, following in the footsteps of his father, enhanced the landscape of Rosicrucian Park. During his tenure, his he constructed a new Rosicrucian Temple in 1949 and an expanded Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum was built in 1966.

Today Rosicrucian Park continues as the administrative seat for the English Grand Lodge of the Americas and the Caribbean. The Rosicrucian Grand Temple is the Spiritual Center for Rosicrucians in North America. A visit to the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum is included in the curriculum of many Northern and Central California public elementary schools. The Rosicrucian Research Library is referenced is the academic esoteric literature as a resource of students of mysticism and the occult. The Rosicrucian Peace Garden is a sanctuary within the community.

Would you like to see the Park as it was? View the slide-show here.


QUICK LINKS

Authentic 18th Dynasty Egyptian Garden created at Rosicrucian Park. Read about the Peace Garden >>

 
AMORC | Egyptian Museum | Rose+Croix Journal | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
© 2010 Rosicrucian Order, AMORC. All rights reserved.